When your home is on the market, it needs to look its best for potential buyers – and you can make that happen by staging it in a way that makes it absolutely unforgettable.
5 Home Staging Tips that Leave an Unforgettable Impression
Naturally, everything in your home needs to be spotless. Fresh, fluffy and new towels in the bathrooms, frequent trips around the house with the feather duster and carefully hidden pet food bowls are a given. Make sure the grout around sinks and tubs is clean, and don’t forget to wipe down everything in the kitchen to leave it gleaming.
Aside from the basics, though, a handful of improvements here and there can make a world of difference.
1. Update your bathroom tile without starting from scratch. You can totally transform outdated tile by applying a high-adhesion primer and then brushing on ceramic epoxy. As soon as it dries, you’ll have a fresh, new look that makes it seem as if you’ve updated the whole bathroom.
2. Upgrade your kitchen cabinets without buying new ones. Outdated cabinets can give your whole kitchen a “blah” look. Stain your cabinets (make sure you’re going in the direction of the grain) and update the hardware to make them look brand-new.
3. Store excess furniture. You want to create an easy traffic flow in each room, so make sure that you only leave enough furniture in each room to showcase the room’s purpose. You may need to rent a storage unit, but it’s worth it – when buyers can see how large your rooms are and how easy it will be to put their own belongings inside, they’ll be more likely to make an offer.
4. Make bedrooms gender-neutral. You may need to repaint one or more bedrooms in your home, but by making bedrooms perfect for either gender, you won’t narrow your buyer pool into people who have the same family makeup as you do.
5. Pay attention to curb appeal. The outside of your home is buyers’ first impression of it, so by making sure that your lawn is neat as a pin, you’ll be setting the stage for positive experiences. Power-wash the sidewalks and the outside of your home, and make sure that your porch is impeccably clean. If the season allows, plant in-bloom flowers along the walkways and wherever else possible to enhance the built-in beauty of your home.
Are You Selling Your Middle Tennessee Home?
If you’re ready to sell your home in Franklin, Brentwood or another town in Middle Tennessee, let us know. We have in-depth marketing strategies that will put your home in front of the right buyers – and we’d love to put our knowledge to work for you.
Call us at 615-473-5973 or contact us online. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and easily.