The old saying, “You only get one chance to make a first impression” is always true – even when you’re selling your home.
When a potential buyer pulls into your driveway, they’re sizing up the entire property. They’re looking at your porch, the lawn and even the driveway itself, so it makes sense to make sure that your home’s exterior says all the right things (like “Buy me!”).
So what can you do to improve curb appeal without spending a fortune?
5 Ways to Boost Curb Appeal When You’re Selling Your Home
Aside from the most obvious improvements, such as cutting the lawn, pulling weeds and seeding patchy spots, there are a handful of things you can do to help your home make an amazing first impression.
- Clean your windows, inside and out. They’re probably the first thing potential buyers will notice about your house, so the better they look, the more impressed people will be.
- Make the porch welcoming. You don’t need to buy a new front door (or even refinish it, for that matter), but make sure that the outdoor furniture on it is clean and in good repair. Add a flowering plant if it’s the right time of year, or put up a few warm, welcoming seasonal decorations (don’t overdo it, though).
- Update your mailbox. It sounds like such a small thing to do, but it can make a big impact. It’s the first thing you see when you pull into the driveway each day, and buyers are going to drive right past it, too. When they see that you’ve paid attention to small details outside, they’ll assume that you’ve also paid attention to them inside the home.
- Power-wash your entire home. You may not even notice that your home has accumulated a layer of outdoor grunge, but a power-washing will reveal the real beauty of your siding, brick or other exterior materials. If you can, hire a professional to clean the roof, as well. If your neighbors haven’t maintained their roofs, yours will stand out for looking even better.
- Attend to all visual maintenance issues. Droopy gutters, missing bricks or peeling paint can spell big trouble when it comes to catching buyers, so handle as many cosmetic repairs as you can before you even put your home on the market.
Are You Selling a Home in Williamson County or Davidson County?
Call us at 615-473-5973 or contact us online. We create custom marketing strategies for each of our clients to ensure that their homes get in front of the right buyers, and we’d love to do the same for you.